Also find me on...
Welcome to my first lesson on WordPress Tutorial!
If this is your first time using WordPress, or if you are looking for a WordPress Overview to understand about it better before getting started, then this article and video is for you!
You see…WordPress is actually quite easy to use. The learning curve is not that steep.
However, to figure it all out on your own is still tedious.
That’s why I’ve prepared this WordPress Overview video tutorial to help get you started.
In this video, I’ll show you:
- How to log in to your WordPress site
- Overview of your Dashboard (the first page you are going to see after you log in)
- How to update your WordPress site after the installation.
WordPress Overview Video
Here’s a quick summary of the video:
1. To log into your WordPress site, go to http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin. (Replace yourdomain.com with you actual website address).
2. Enter your WordPress username and password and click log in. You will be redirected into your DashBoard.
3. Familiarize yourself with the Dashboard and the menu bar on the left.
4. To update your WordPress site, click on “update” or the update symbol on the top (See picture below.)
5. Update the WordPress version, Plugins and Themes separately by checking their corresponding checkboxes and hit “Update”.
In my subsequent WordPress tutorials and videos, I am going to show you in more details about how to use WordPress and the cool plugins you can use to help your site rank better on Google!
If you’ve always wanted to set up your own website and had been procrastinating it until you find a good and easy video tutorials to show you how…
Then check out my Website Creation tutorials. 4 lessons is all it takes to get your website up and live!
Hope you’ve grasp a better picture of WordPress.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment and share this video with your friends using the social buttons below.
See you in the next lesson!